The Tamil Nadu State Apex Coop. Bank Ltd., has sponsored the Agricultural Coop. Staff Training Institute (ACSTI)
primarily for imparting training to the personnel working in primary agricultural coop. Societies (PACS)
in Tamil Nadu. The National Coop. Development Corporation (NCDC)
, as part of its overall objective of integrated development of cooperatives, had extended financial assistance under World Bank project III for acquiring land and building to establish the training Institute. The ACSTI was established on 15.11.1989 at Adyar in a rented building and it had started extending training facilities to the personnel working in PACS.
With the NCDC
grant of Rs.1.10 Cr. extended for infrastructural development, Apex Bank – The Tamil Nadu State Apex Co-op Bank Ltd., (TNSC Bank) – from its General funds had spent its share of Rs.1.35 crores and constructed the Training Institute at a total cost of Rs.2.35 crores at Madhavarm Milk Colony in 4.83 acres of land. ACSTI
moved to its own premises on 18.11.1992 with all infrastructural facilities and became a full–fledged training center.
Although ACSTI had been started with the objective of training the personnel of PACS, the Institute in due course broadened its objectives and started imparting training to the personnel working in co-op. Banks, viz., PACS, CUBs, CCBs, and SCBs. The Institute has conducted 2182 Programs benefiting 63053 Personnel from SCBs, CCBs, CUBs, and PACS as on 31.03.2015.
As a part of its institutional development program, NABARD
has been providing financial and technical assistance to ACSTI
. Active participation from NABARD
in matters of training in the form of financial assistance and technical support has enabled ACSTI’s
- ACSTI is accredited by C-PEC/BIRD, Lucknow
- Considering the active involvement, in motivating the staff of affiliates, IIBF Mumbai have also accredited our Institute upto 31.12.2015
- ACSTI has completed 25 years of glorious service and marching forward in its 26th year.
- ACSTI was ranked as the ‘Best Performing ACSTI’ among all ACSTIs in India by NAFSCOB and announced 1st Prize for the year 2013-14. In the National Colloquium held at New Delhi on 1.12.2014, ACSTI was adjudged as the Second Best Performing ACSTI by National Council for Co-op. Training, New Delhi.
- NAFSCOB has also announced 3rd Prize as the ‘Best Performing ACSTI’ for the year 2012-13.
How to reach ACSTI?
|BUS ROUTE – FROM
|KOYAMBEDU BUS STAND
||170C, 170M, 121A, 121B, 121C, 121D, Van (or) Share Auto
|CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION
||64B, 64C, 64D
|EGMORE RAILWAY STATION
|(BUS STOP – AAVIN MAIN GATE, MADHAVARAM MILK COLONY)
|Nearest Railway Station: Perambur